Pages

Rabu, 31 Disember 2008

Virtual Reference Service - KoolIM & Dimdim

Today, I received an instant message from a student asking about a problem regarding Digital Library log in. We have a simple chat, and then I log in into my dimdim account and gave him the invitation link to the dimdim webmeeting. We continue our chat there [dimdim].

I tried to open web pages share but unfortunately it was not working. Alhamdulillah, I still have an alternative. I opened computer screen share. Alhamdulillah it's working.

The chat session ran smoothly, I showed him how I did my search and he understand me, alhamdulillah. For me, this is a great start. Alhamdulillah. Thanks also for Kool IM and Dimdim.


2 ulasan:

Kevin Micalizzi berkata...

For security reasons, the synchronized web browsing doesn't pass through authentication information. Good thinking switching to desktop sharing to get done what you need.

-k
Kevin Micalizzi, Community Manager
Dimdim Web Conferencing / www.dimdim.com
e: kevin@dimdim.com / twitter: @meetdimdim
On Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/dimdim-facebook

Abu Al-Yasr berkata...

thanks for your comment. you have done a great job.